Center for Career Development and 实习
Career preparation begins in your first 一年 at Wilkes University.
The experts at the Center for Career Development and 实习 can help you find your career path and guide you through building your resume, interviewing, internships and job search.
How Can the Center Help You?
- Begin preparing for life after college in your very first 一年 on campus via Wilkes' 独特的 Career Gateway Program.
- 访问 握手, an online network connecting college students with more than 500,000 companies from across the country.
- Meet one-on-one with a Career and Internship Professional to discuss all your options.
- 参观 Career Resource 图书馆, where we have resources for every stop of your job search from writing your resume to the big interview.
- Meet potential employers at career fairs each academic 一年.
- Get personalized help writing your resume, cover letter or graduate school application.
- Participate in mock interviews in-person or through Big Interview.
- Learn business etiquette.
- Develop your personal brand and learn how to market yourself to prospective employers.
- 找到 internships and cooperative learning experiences at companies and organizations.
- Connect with the Wilkes alumni network and business leaders.
- Need help getting started? Meet one-on-one with a career ambassador.
As soon as you arrive on campus, the four-一年 Career Gateway Program begins preparing you for life beyond college. You’ll access career coaching, mentoring, workshops, site visits to regional employers, networking events and internships.
Whether you are looking for internships, applying to graduate school or preparing to enter the job market, these classes provide key insights to help you prosper outside the classroom.
The 握手 online network connects Wilkes students with internships and career opportunities across the country. More than 500,000 companies use 握手 to connect and build relationships.
Our team of peer career ambassadors will help you prepare for your future career goals and aspirations.
job placement rate
average number of students gaining real-world experience through the center every 一年
career and internship fairs hosted on campus each academic 一年
The Center for Career Development and 实习 has helped me to prepare for my four internships with promising companies. I was able to grow as a professional and network with potential employers.Ashlee Przywara | Marketing Major
(The director) helped me reorganize and revamp my resume so that it was more appealing to employers.Logan Gabrielson ’21 | Environmental Engineering Major
Working in the Career Center has provided me with many great resources and support that have significantly contributed to my success in the graduate school application 过程.Monica Morrison | Psychology Major
Wilkes has consistently provided quality interns, ready to enter the workforce and provide immediate value to employers.Reginald Miller | Borton-Lawson